COVID-19 Temporary reopening Schedule
Limited capacity non-contact classes + online option
We’re open again to serve you!
Dear EKI Students Parents,
I want to thank you again for your willingness to make the necessary adjustments when we transitioned to online training. We’re so proud of all our students. We’ve always believed in the concept, “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.” At EKI, we found a way together!
On June 22nd, Governor Murphy signed an executive order to allow us to resume non-contact sports. On July 8th, we reopened our school adhering to the mandated safety guidelines by holding classes doing non-contact activities and excluding any partner drills.
New Guidelines / Operating Procedures *
- Class sizes have been reduced to 15 students per class. Due to the high demand of classes and to observe safety protocols, you must reserve a slot by pre-registering. The registration link is below.
- Spectator areas are closed. No one other than the student will be allowed inside the building. Exception: Tiny Tiger students will be allowed to have one parent
- Class session times have been reduced to 30 mins, please refer to the chart below
- You will not be permitted to enter the school until 5 mins before your class starts. We strongly recommend that you remain in your vehicle until your class time
- We have designated specific doors for entering and exiting the school so we can control the flow. The Entry door is the door by the scanner and the Exit door is the door by the shoe rack. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- Everyone MUST wear a mask or face covering, there is no exception to this rule
EKI Temporary Reopening Schedule
**Cardio Kickboxing will remain in Zoom sessions only
Details & Information
- All classes have been temporarily reduced to 30-minute sessions
- We have temporarily reduced our class times to allow for deep sanitizing in-between classes with the highest quality and safest hospital grade antiviral/antibacterial cleaners
- You should come dressed in uniform ready to start class
- Remember, do not enter the dojo until 5 mins prior to your class start time. We need this time to complete our cleaning in-between classes
- Do not come to class if you are not feeling well, have a fever or believe you may be sick, we will continue our online classes in tandem
- Leave sparring equipment at home, there will be no partner drills for the time being
- Wash your hands thoroughly before coming to class
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the dojo, we strongly recommend you use them frequently
- We have EKI masks for purchase (especially if you forget to bring one)
- Temperature checks will be done upon entry to the school
- Practice social distancing, keeping a 6’ to 10’ distance
- Floors and mats have been marked with tape and cones for proper social distancing
- Doors will remain open, weather permitting to increase ventilation
- You are expected to leave the dojo immediately following the end of your class; we cannot stress this enough for everyone’s safety, do not congregate inside the dojo
- You will have access to all of our classes online through Zoom. This option is still available for those that are not comfortable returning to in-person training
- For not, we will not have in-person kickboxing classes. Those classes will continue through Zoom with continued access to our recorded class videos.
Thank you very much!
Most of these adjustments will be temporary and hopefully we will be resuming normal operations soon. We are attempting to offer you as many options as possible to keep you progressing in your training.
Thank you again for your loyalty and hanging in there with EKI during this time. It has been gratifying hearing from so many of our students who miss the dojo, karate training and the value of what we have been bringing to the community for over 30 years.
Master Dusty Everson
First Come, First Served!
Sign up ASAP and be among the first few lucky students who enjoy the chance to train from the pros!